Monday, October 22, 2007

Twisted Words!

This is weird, but interesting! This is a cool thing check it out.

fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too
Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.
i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

They say only great minds can read this but everyone I met seem to be able to read this!

7 comments:

nonstop mommy said...

I enjoyed reading this. I was amazed how easy it was for me to read that piece. I also loved the pic of the sunset. Makes me wish I were on a lovely beach somewhere in the tropics.

Benjamin Fennell said...

Disturbing. I'd never really thought about this before. I've had plenty of instant messenger conversations with individuals with bad spelling, and plenty more with people from other countries whose English was far from perfect and never had any real problems, but I never thought I'd be able to decipher something initially incoherent as this so easily. Very interesting perspective on how our brains interpret written language, though.

Dyimz said...

i've read that too! lol..nice post..

AZZITIZZ said...

Hey, taht was rlaely geart!
Eoynejd riednag it!
:)

Porsche said...

I've recieved this in email before also. Same as you, everyone I knew could read it. Hmmmmm. Where are those 45 people who can't?

Elise said...

LOL I've read it before but it never loses its effect. I guess the 45 that couldn't read it can't read in general right?

MostlyHarmless said...

They forgot to mention that the 100 people asked were in a bar at midnight.