Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Love is Blind and Old

I read in the news (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7056672.stm) today that a man, 24 years of age had lost his wife aged 84 due to heart complications. They had just returned from their honeymoon in Brazil.

The women, Ms Volpes had rejected criticism over the age difference with the groom, who is the son of one of her best friend.

They were engaged for several years before they decided to tie the knot! Their love is said to have blossomed when the to be groom went to live with his future bride after his mother's death, when he was 15.

In this case, what do you think? Is love truly blind or it’s just some lovers who are?

2 comments:

Elise said...

Its difficult to say. I believe in soulmates and I guess this story sort supports it. You can't help who you love. Maybe I'm just a hopeless romantic!

Kevin Patrick Gannon said...

I think it's the blind leading the blind.