Friday, October 5, 2007

McDonalds - I'm hating it!

Having to take a flight to Kansas City from JFK really early in the morning, too early I would say: usually the time of the day when my eyes refuse to take a glimpse of the awakening sun and the time of day when my nose is unwilling to savor the aromatic magic of the leaves and grasses, my stomach hinted with a growl and what did it want? MacDonalds Breakfast Sandwich!!

I ordered a Sausage McMuffin and waited for about 15 minutes for my food to arrive. It was my longest anxious waits ever, ironically for a "Fast Food". Well, the girl walked up to me in her very slow strides as if for a second she forgot that her job was located within an airport and that people needed to catch a flight. Finally she got to me with her "no sense of urgency" walk of fame, with constant fiddling of the hair with her oh so long nails. Frustrated as I was, she leaned over and handed me my sandwich and said, "Sir, we are our of Sausage McMuffin so I got you a Bacon, Egg and Cheese Biscuit!!

Was she kiddin' me?? Was she telepathic to know whether the food that she brought me was digestible my picky appetite? What ever happened to employees asking their customers, "I'm sorry Sir, we're out of so and so. Would you like something else?" She had fifteen minutes to ................oh well.

I grabbed the bag out her hands and walked away fuming!

No comments: