Sunday, November 18, 2007

Writers Guild of America Labor Strike

With the Writers Guild of America labor strike, here I am stuck watching all the reruns of almost all the episodes. Not that I spend too many long hours watching television; approximately and hour or so! Any more time spent gets me a fit of restlessness.

I think it should be fair for me to say that there are millions of Americans or even people around the world suffering due to the strike. People who have mistakenly chosen watching television as their full time job and the virtual salaries derived may appear miniscule and people who have chosen to exist as couch potatoes, simply as a burden and an occupant of space to the ones around them suffering from their mere existence.

But my sincere sympathies are with the victims! I just think there are simply two solutions to this ongoing labor strike!

1. Meet their demands paying them the diminutive share that they demand for. After all Broadway itself is a billion dollar industry OR
2. Apply the Ronald Reagan Theory! Just like he fired all the air traffic controllers, all the writers should be fired and rehire the aspiring authors. Perhaps we get to see some twists and creativity in writing and I am sure there are millions of them around! How many quality TV shows do we have anyway?

Take the poll friends!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

'I Love Writers'
T-Shirts, Hats, Stickers, Mugs, Buttons, Magnets, and more are now available at:


******* ILoveThisShirt.net *******

Show your Support for the Writers Strike!!!

Anonymous said...

'I Love Writers'
T-Shirts, Hats, Stickers, Mugs, Buttons, Magnets, and more are now available at:


******* ILoveThisShirt.net *******

Show your Support for the Writers Strike!!!

Shailendra Doke said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and considering the post helpful.

I will try my best to give you exactly that you want.

Shailendra Doke
digi-soft.blogspot.com