Monday, November 5, 2007

King Tutankhamun!

Just when I was stretching to grab the remote control, the news anchor mentioned the revelation of King Tut’s face for the first time in 3000 years. It sounded interesting so I waited and watched all the commercials in order not to miss the disclosure of the Golden King. But I was disappointed to see the decaying face of a mummy! What was I expecting to see?

"The face of the golden boy is amazing. It has magic and it has mystery," Egypt's antiquities chief Zahi Hawass added. In contrast, I thought the mystery and magic was there when he had the mask on. There was something enigmatic about the mask that kept me wondering and now every time I see the golden mask of King Tutankhamun's, the moldering and wilting face is what I’ll remember.

No comments: