Friday, November 9, 2007

The iPhone Surprise!

So today was my birthday! My girlfriend decided to surprise me by buying me an iPhone but the surprise did not remain a surprise when the AT&T customer service called me and disclosed everything.

This is how it happened! Usually I go to pick my girl up from the train station (She works in Morgan Stanley NY) but yesterday my mom and brother decided to go pick her up. They landed up in the mall and it sure was preplanned. My mom, my girl and I have T-mobile family plan service. Now since she was getting me an iPhone, we had to switch to AT&T. She managed to switch our service to AT&T’s family plan while we kept the old numbers.

Perhaps with a little mix up, AT&T noted my number as my girl’s and then called me before my ‘shopping family’ was back. They asked for my girl. I said she wasn’t home and if I could take a message. She told me that she had to explain the disclosures of the service that she purchased and about the purchase of an iPhone……

iPhone?? I was excited and couldn’t wait for them to get back home! They got back at 10pm and now I had to wait two more hours for the clock to strike 12 am. I kept asking for the gifts as its obvious but did not give out the hint that I knew.

Well the constant cajoling did not work and I had to wait. I did not give out the mishap or should I call it a misunderstanding of the AT&T customer service to my girl as I’m just too engrossed enjoying my new iPhone enjoying technology and innovation. BTW, it took me about half and hour to type this blog from my iPhone, but I enjoyed it!!

1 comment:

JakeC said...

What a pity! We've had that sort of thing happen to us a few times as well, and there's nothing you can do but own up and let the recipient have an 'early present'. From what I've heard, though, the iPhone is quite something, so I'd make the most of it!