Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Criminal of the Moment!

I was driving down a bad neighborhood in Bridgeport Connecticut. I had the FM on and One Republic’s ‘Apologize’ was playing at the background. I was in my own world and was trying to decide whether my love for this particular song was still as fresh as the first time I heard it! The repetitive and continuous playing of the song was beginning to wear the novelty off! The darkness was beginning to set in and I was just mellow and exhausted.

At once three cop cars pulled around me, sirens on, lights setting the night aflame, guns drawn instructing (somebody?) to get out! I was dazed and baffled and taken aback! Before I gained control after my flight of fearful fantasy, the officers ran past me into a house, guns still drawn! Phew! I was relieved for sure. I hadn’t committed a crime but for a minute it kept me thinking, had I?

I slowly drove by the police car, awestruck and half shaken! The situation had made me feel like a criminal of the moment!

3 comments:

Praneeta said...

it tells me to put some categories, whats that?

Unknown said...

LOL! This post reminds me of another of my favorite bloggers. He has flights of fancy all the time. :-)

Wendiva said...

did you feel like paris hilton for a moment?! she was actually on a japanese variety show last night.