Thursday, January 3, 2008

Misguided by the GPS!

I used to go berserk when the GPS in my car guided me the wrong way especially during extreme weather conditions. It was not as bad as what one man experienced today. It was in the news that a man, misguided by his navigation system was led into a railroad track. To add to his misfortune, the wheels got stuck and the car refused to budge.

Thanks to his guiding angle as he managed to get out on time just before the car was smashed by the Metro North train. He escaped with no major injuries but was minutes away from getting killed.

It’s scary that we’ve gotten so dependent on machinery to get things done. Ever since I’ve had my GPS, I’ve never bothered to pick up a map to go places. I have been misguided but just shrugged it off as a minor error of the gadget! Now it makes me think!

No comments: