Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Mind Freak Freaks me out!

I was watching Chris Angel’s Mind Freak in A&E and his tricks simply astound me. I am aware that it’s not magic but a trick that keeps you awestruck for hours, that’s only if you’re trying to decipher it. Yesterday, he chain-sawed himself into half, in front of dozens of gaping audiences standing inches away from him. Another trick that gave me goose bumps was when he had two bystanders pull apart the body of another volunteer. When they did, the torso of the women crawled away from its lower half! You have to see it to get the creeps. There was one more trick where he had a bull dozer run over him while he laid belly flat over layers of glass pieces. He walks on water; he practices levitation, puts together dollar bills that was torn into pieces and many more. His tricks just put David Blain’s into the shadows!

Movies like ‘The Prestige’ and ‘The Illusionists’ give away a few tricks that magicians and mentalists use. Here I am just wondering, how he did it. How?

3 comments:

Bharat said...

i must see this... if you're honestly saying david blaine and shadows without a fullstop in the middle... i wonder if youtube has any videos...

I know i can just find him on TV but who has the patience??

check my blog out too... click my name...

Wendiva said...

dude, magic drives me nuts1 i'm always too busy looking for loopholes, but screaming out: omg omg omg at the same time. feel like an idiot!! merry xmas!

Andy said...

Dude Cris Angel's fake. Why dont you think he performs anywhere? He's always walking around LV doing simple tricks but when it comes to the difficult ones, he hires actors and it's modified on a computter, like most junk on t.v. these days.