Saturday, December 1, 2007

A Bomb Scare!

My mom called me today at work worried and startled. She got me vexed and anxious. What was the matter? Someone had come to deliver a flower bouquet along with a beautifully decorated vase! I saw no reason to worry and asked her why she was acting the way she was!

Her concern was that there was no reason for anyone to send us flowers as it was not anybody in the family’s birthday and neither was it any occasion to be celebrated. Her main concern was that as soon as the bouquet was delivered, the delivery man disappeared in a glance. He had left in haste and was one of those who seemed intellectually challenged. She thought it was a Bomb? A BOMB??

My mom travels a lot and perhaps she had taken the announcement in the airports advising passengers to avoid touching or accepting unidentified luggage too seriously. Her description of the scenario was so vivid that for an instance I began to imagine the worst. Why would anyone think about bombing us? I advised her to leave it outside the house until I got home. Needless to say, she had not even touched it and it remained where the man had left, all day, in the freezing cold.

When I got home, I slid the card off the flowers. It read, “To our wonderful brother, wishing you happiness always. Your loving cousins!” I brought in the half wilted flowers smiling to myself. It was a wonderful ‘Bomb Scare’ that kept us laughing and will do so for many more years to come!

8 comments:

Chelle Blögger said...

Aww, your poor Mom! That is funny though. :)

I wish someone would send me a "Flower Bomb" hehe...

Nice blog, btw. If you have time come check mine out!

Chelle B.

The Offended Blogger

AZZITIZZ said...

Booming lovely, oops, typo, I mean blooming lovely!
:)

Elise said...

I accidently left a tiffany's bag in a shop once... They thought it was a bomb and called the police. I was so lucky that people were way too scared to pick it up. The bracelet cost over £200!

Wendiva said...

what a nice surprise though, glad you guys found out who it was from and can laugh about it!

~Wendiva
http://wendiva.blogspot.com

Shane said...

Too funny, it is though unfortunate that in this day and age that is a valid concern.

Anonymous said...

That's hiliarious!! Your poor mom :-)

Praneeta said...

can u pleasE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Praneeta said...

i r emember this...i couldnt stop laughing when mama told me this story, shes so cute!